Back in elementary school/middle school my best friend Kat and I took sewing lessons at Jo-ann fabrics. I made needle cases, a cat that looks more like a monkey, a button up pink plaid sleeveless shirt (my fashion sense was lacking), a bathing suit, etc.... After lessons ended I continued to sew but not for long.
 |
after a few too many tequila shots, I may not look so great... but at least the dress does.
|
After recently (within the past two years) stumblingupon a sewing blog I found a cute bag to make so I went to Jo-anns and bought 4 super cute fabrics. The bags I made ended up being non-sew and NOT worthy of being on this blog, however the reason I bring them up is because I saved my favorite fabric for the last bag, then decided it was too pretty for a bag. (also it was a satiny fabric and the bags weren't very sturdy)..... Thus was the birth of the Mexico Dress. My first attempt at a dress, with no pattern, using myself as a mannequin. The final dress came out as shown. Although, after wearing it in mexico, and lending it to my lovely friend Katie for a romantic weekend at Smith Mountain Lake, I decided to revamp it.
 |
| Katie makes a lovely model for the Mexico dress. Isn't she purty? |
It was slightly too small anyway so I converted it into a high waisted skirt. Basically I cut off the top portion and added a thick black elastic band. In the end turns out I can't breathe when I wear it, so I may be passing it on to one of my smaller friends sometime. Anyone want it?
No comments:
Post a Comment